Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lies we tell ourselves

I've been busy lately. (I haven't.)

I wanted to keep a regular blog but every time I thought, "I should do a blog post," something came up. (It didn't.)

I have been working on things though. (It's actually true!) I've been working on finishing up my first pattern. I have about half of it typed up and formatted, I just need to finish typing it up and take some pictures for it before I can send it out to my test knitters.

I like this pattern a lot. I like how it looks and how it feels on my feet but I hate knitting it. At this point I am knitting the 5th sock I've knit in this pattern. I rarely knit the same sock twice let alone five times. So many things have changed though and I want to make sure that people will feel like they spent their money well if/when they buy the pattern instead of feeling ripped off.


I don't expect to become rich off of selling sock patterns but I would like to be able to make some money so maybe I can eventually start chipping away at the mountain of student loan debt I have. One can hope. (It's hard to though.)

The next week I hope to get the pattern sent out to test knitters. I hope to finish a swatch of another pattern or two and maybe even start a new sock. That would be nice.

I honestly don't know how other designers do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment