Monday, July 14, 2014

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

I know this is kinda breaking my vacation from blogging but I’m doing it for good reason.

You see, I need your help.

After 5 years together, my now ex-boyfriend has decided that he no longer wants to be with me. Yes, it sucks. Yes, I’m obviously upset by this. No, I don’t want a pity party. This was done out of the complete blue so I have nothing saved. All of my money has been going towards my student loans. I have $46 in my checking account right now.

I’m stuck in the crapiest city in the crapiest state (in my opinion, of course). Right now I’m trying to find a place to live in my hometown, 900 miles cross-country from where I currently am, and a job in the surrounding area.  Right now I have no car, no job, no place to live.  All I have is my winning charm, a friendly cat and enough yarn to choke a whole passel of horses as you, my dear readers, know.

What I’m proposing is a fundraiser. I am currently working part time at a Big Box Craft Store. I’ve already talked with my manager and explained the situation to her and she said she would give me as many hours as she can but of course, she is limited at what she can do. I have just about two months to save as much money as I can for the move, the resulting rent/groceries/utilities/expenses that might arise. The moving truck and gas for said truck have already been arranged so any money will go towards things once I get back home. Right now, I have a bed and a desk and that’s it for furniture. You could say I’m in a really shitty situation.

Here’s my pitch.

I have a fundraiser set up at GoFundMe.com. For every $5 donated to that fund, I will crochet or knit one square to go towards a blanket for a local animal shelter. The squares are going to be 6”x6” and the blankets will be 24”x24”. I figure that while I don’t have a lot of money, I do have a whole tub of yarn dedicated towards charity knitting. I also work at a craft store so if I somehow have to buy more yarn for this fundraiser, it won’t cost me an arm and a leg and won’t take away much money from my savings.

So please, dear readers, take a look at my fundraiser and consider donating a few bucks. If you can’t afford it, which I totally understand, please consider sharing the link with your friends and family and random internet strangers.

I wouldn’t be asking for help unless I REALLY needed it. Anyone who knows me knows that.


I really just want to go home.

(Handy dandy link for those who would like to share. http://www.gofundme.com/bj9iv4 )

No comments:

Post a Comment