Sunday, June 29, 2014

Exhausted (Days 352-356)



I haven't knit a whole lot lately. Don't get me wrong. I've still been knitting but once I got my shawl to 50%, I slowed down. Even though I have at least one more deadline to make in the next couple of days. Even though my plate is full of stuff right now. I've taken my extra time to play word games online and take nice baths.

It's difficult to explain to someone who has never worked in retail just how draining it is but everyone who has been in my very worn, "All Day Comfort" shoes, knows that it is exhausting. I know my shifts are short and my paycheck reflects that I am just part time, but at the end of my day, I want nothing more than to veg out in front of the TV while casually playing games on my phone. (I am really enjoying Tiny Death Star right now because it is easy to play and entertains me.) So knitting isn't my priority. Especially not after days when I have to pack/unpack/move stuff all day. My hands are currently screaming because yesterday involved shoving my hand into very tiny holes and trying to get little bottles of paint organized. My fingers are swollen and stiff and don't really want to knit socks right now. Maybe a crochet a blanket square but definitely not knit on sz 1s.

So don't fret. I'm still knitting. I'm just taking it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment