Thursday, March 27, 2014

100 (Day 265 KEDfaY)

Wow, I only have 100 days left of my own little challenge. I honestly never thought that I'd get this far. I expected to give up or get bored. I didn't think that I'd actually get half way let alone this far. This is exciting for me!

In the world of knitting today, I didn't really do much. I finished the picture portion of my mystery washcloth and it's a lion. I think. That's what they are saying it is though but I don't see it. I might need to block the washcloth though. This yarn is a bit spaghetti-like.

I have been crocheting a lot today. I'm trying to get as much done on this baby blanket for the family friend as possible so I can hopefully get more points for HPKCHC. I now have 70/100 squares done. I haven't decided if I'm going to a border for it or not. I think I am because I am using slightly different weighted yarn so the border would help keep it all one shape. Right now, I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I mean, it is all pastel colors and yuck, pastels, but I do think it will make mamma and baby happy and that's really what this whole thing is about.

I keep seeing people donating their various knitted or crocheted items to different charities and I always think that I want to do that. And then I remember that my funds are limited and while I do have a substantial yarn stash, I try to keep my yarn buying to an absolute minimum. In the past three years, I've spent less than $20 on yarn for projects for myself. Every other yarn purchase has been for projects for other people, as gifts.

That's one reason why I agreed to make this blanket for our family friend. A year ago, I probably would've come up with a reason not to but now I just want to do things that make others happy. And I have a lot of free time so why not use my free time to create something for someone who will appreciate it?


No comments:

Post a Comment