Wednesday, March 5, 2014

American Gods (Day 243 KEDfaY)

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time.

I read for a good portion of the day. I read until I finished my book. I was excited that my plans got canceled so that I could finish reading my book.

Today I finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I was hesitant starting this book and I don't know why. There was just always a feeling of, "Well...maybe later..." when I thought about starting it. I have no idea why. And then I started reading it. It was very enjoyable. It built a world out of pre-existing characters and none of it felt forced. The whole thing flowed naturally. I've read other of Gaiman's books but this one might be my favorite. I mistakenly read Anasi Boys before I read American Gods but it didn't detract from how good either book was.

But now I'm in that post book mind frame of thinking, for sure, that I'll never find a book as good as the one I just finished. The same thing happens with TV shows.

---

Knitting was more of the mystery washcloth. I got a lot crocheted though, after finishing my book. And spinning too. Can you tell that I'm putting of working on my vest?

No comments:

Post a Comment