Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Three's the magic number (Day 249 KEDfaY)


Look! Here's some of my spinning! Isn't awesome? Don't you love it? I totally love it but alas, it is to go to my very awesome aunt. I hope she loves it as much as I do.

I'm doing my very first true three ply yarn which is exciting. I've done n-plying before, which I enjoy and has a certain rhythm to it, but so far a true 3 play is a lot like a 2 ply. I haven't done a true three ply before though because I only have three bobbins so I had to wind one of my plys into a center pull ball. Hopefully it won't lose too much twist.  It would be nice if I had another bobbin though, or two, so I can do three or even, *gasp* four ply yarns in the future. I know. I'm adventurous like that.

I was trying to go for a DK weight yarn but I think it will be more of a worsted once it's all said and done. I still am in love with it though. I'm sure it will make something really awesome for my aunt when she knits it up.

Speaking of knitting, I have the first half of a washcloth done for HPKCHC. I also worked more on the mystery washcloth. Still have no idea what it is but it is fun. I have some things to work on and get off of the needles. What? My vest? No, I have no idea what you're talking about. (I do, but I'm lost as to what to do about it so I'm making like an ostrich and ignoring it in hopes that it will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment