Monday, November 25, 2013

Test run (Day 143 KEDfaY)


Knitted more on a hat for my stepmom today. I should probably worked on Supa Sekrit Project #1 but I didn't want to. I'll leave that for tomorrow probably.

I'm doing this pattern from Leethal Knits because I've wanted to knit it for a while and I figured a "test" run for my stepmom would give me a good idea of how it's made for when I make my own eventually. It definitely has an interesting construction and it's fun to knit. It does take longer than a normal hat but only because it's more involved than "k1p1 forever and ever and ever..." and it's nice. I'm really bad at reading/following directions so I had to restart the brim once but everything seems to be going well now. I definitely recommend this hat if you want something a little challenging but still a quick knit. And because it's a Leethal Knits pattern, the instructions are super thorough and easy to understand if you're paying attention, something I tend not to do. 

I've been working on an essay for about a month now and I still can't figure it out. I'm having a problem with it because the topic has a lot of emotion behind it so it's hard to get all of my thoughts and feelings out and in the right order. I have a lot to say about it so I want everything to be included but I think I'm at the point where I need to cut things out and get rid of the superfluous. It's one of those topics that I'm so close to and it's still relevant so it's hard to separate the fact and truth from pure emotion. 

Writing is hard, you guys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment