Monday, November 18, 2013

And the winner is...(Day 136 KEDfaY)


Now I know what you're probably thinking, "But Leigh! Aren't you done with that sweater? I thought you finished it ages ago!" Well I did. Kinda. I finished it in time to submit it to the local fair but the sleeves were too short so it was finished...kinda. To be finished-finished, I need to lengthen the sleeves about 4". The yarn didn't stretch as much as I had anticipated after being washed. And for something so simple, it really has taken me all day. I don't know why but I think it has to do with the fact that it's Monday and I'm scatterbrained today.

And the fair you ask?


It might not be first place but since this is the first year I've ever submitted anything of mine to be judged, I'm going to take it! My purple shawl I knit and the purple and blue handspun I did also got ribbons, a general "well done!" and another third place respectively. Since that was my fourth or so handspun ever, I'll definitely take a third place ribbon! I'm very excited and I even got some money from it, enough to buy me a coffee next time I go to the coffee shop, if I don't get a fancy one and I just get plain coffee but hey! Free coffee! 

I think I'm mostly excited because I can now say I'm an award winning knitter and spinner! Not many people can say that! 

I know yesterday's post was short and sweet. The truth is that I almost didn't post. I was *this* close to not posting because I was in bed almost asleep when I remembered, hence the one sentence post. 

Yesterday I spun a bit while watching the F1 race with the Boyfriend. He enjoys watching the races and I've started watching too. It makes for great background noise while I'm spinning. I finished the first braid of the fiber I've been working on and now I have another one in the same color and fiber content. I hope to get a 2 ply fingering out of it so I can do a pi shawl but I'm a little worried now that I won't have enough yardage. I might have to do a smaller shawl or something else with it. We shall see, won't we?

Sometime this week, one of my essays is going live, online! I'll of course plaster this blog with links as soon as I get them because it's my blog and I can do what I want, harumph. Also, I reread the essay that I think is going up first and it was actually really good! I surprised myself with how good it was. I definitely suffer from the traditional creative cycle of "This is awesome. This is good. This is crap, I hate it. This is amazing." I think everyone has experienced this and I do quite frequently with my writing. I think I'm great, it's just finding an audience that likes me too.

You guys like me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment