Friday, February 7, 2014

Re-do (Day 217 KEDfaY)


So I knit this shawl a few years ago. About 4 years ago or so, to be precise. I knit it because I wanted a shawl and I instantly fell in love with it. It was thick and big. It was like a blanket that was socially acceptable to wear while out in public.

But then I realized I made some mistakes. These mistakes bothered me so much that I stopped wearing it because I was afraid that other knitters would see the mistakes and call me out on it. I worry about a lot of useless things.

The Olympics came around again this year and as I have the past two Olympics, I am competing in Ravelry's Olympic inspired games. I needed a project. And fast. I had no idea what to do. And then laying on the floor next to my bed was my shawl.

I decided to reknit my shawl and fix those mistakes.

So today I ripped it and started reknitting it, making sure not to make those mistakes again. So far, I'm happy with it.

But I do still need to work on my vest. Maybe later when I don't feel like purling huge long rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment