Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New (Day 306 KEDfaY)


So I got my new needles a day early. As I was scrambling to get my lunch made and my work clothes not wrinkled and trying to figure out how to get to work without being a literal hot mess when the UPS man knocked on the door. And there, laying next to my door because my UPS guy just ran off, was my envelope with my new needles. My ChiaoGoo Reds. I had 12 minutes before I needed to leave when I opened them and almost started crying because they're new needles and I wanted to use them.

So of course I took them to work to try them out during my lunch.

They're...different. I love how pointy they are and just the texture of the needles themselves but the cord is different. It's a stainless steel cable covered with some sort of nylon according to the package. I don't know if it's the nylon and the silk that aren't getting along but I have to stop and physically move the stitches along the cord, which isn't a bad thing I've decided, but it definitely interrupts the flow of my knitting. It might be the cord, it might be the combination with the yarn, it might be that they're BRAND NEW. We'll see. I've done a tricky lace row that has lots of slip stitches and passing the slipped stitch back over and the points are WONDERFUL. I love how sharp they are. For the points alone, they were worth it. Now if only the store I worked at would sell them so I could get them for cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment