Sunday, December 15, 2013

So much to knit, so little time! (Day 163 KEDfaY)


The Boyfriend is on his work trip before going home for Christmas. He was lucky enough to be sent to Hamilton, ON for a few days. He sent me that beautiful picture above. I think he just likes to rub it in my face that I'm in Florida where it's still warm enough to have the air conditioning on. 

I don't feel like I did a lot of knitting today. I thought I did more but I guess I didn't. I finished a section on Supa Sekrit Project #2 which only leaves two more sections to go. The next two sections I think will be more fun than the last one so I'm hoping they go quickly. 

I also need to felt my mom's slippers again. I went with the washer. I kinda wish I hadn't now because there are some spots that don't look felted at all and others that are felted beautifully. I'm hoping another trip through the super heavy cycle will get them to look right. Then I can assemble. 

Speaking of assembling, I think I'm almost done with the uterus chestburster. I am thinking about reshaping it's head but that shouldn't take too much time. Then a mouth of some sort and then it'll be ready to go. 

I just finished packing the knitting I'm going to take with me when I go back to Indiana. I'm taking socks to knit since I'm not checking a bag and space is precious and limited. While going through yarn and possible projects, I might've come up with three more projects I want to knit before Christmas. Two of them are hats, one of which is in super bulky yarn so it should go really quick. I'm actually thinking about starting it tonight and seeing how far I get before passing out. I'd like to get the two hats done before I get on the plane and then leave the last possible Christmas present for plane knitting. 

I'm one of those people who likes to have everything packed a week before they leave so it is very difficult not to go pack everything right now even though my plane doesn't leave until Saturday morning. Hence why my knitting plane projects are already packed even though I had the yarn picked out for a few days. 

But now, more knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment