Monday, April 21, 2014

Employment (Day 290 KEDfaY)



The Boyfriend's dad left this morning as the Boyfriend left for work. 

Since I was up, I decided to cash in on cheap Easter candy. And boy did I.

But since it was such an excursion that involved a lot of walking, added on to the draining weekend, I decided I deserved a nap.

Right as I was laying down for my nap, the phone rings.

I got a job.

Now it isn't ideal, it isn't glamorous or at all in my field, but it's a job and it does allow me to play with yarn regularly. I have gotten a job at a Big Box Craft Store that shall remain nameless. It's one that doesn't discriminate against people for who they are or try to dictate why they can't have birth control. I've already worked for that company and it was the worst 6 months of my life.

Nope, this is a different company. I'll be part time so plenty of time to knit and write and look for more appealing employment if it should happen to come along. I'll also have the opportunity to teach knitting and get paid for it. If you've been around a while, you'll know that I do want to teach and teaching knitting would be awesome. And getting paid would be even better. If anything else, I can start chipping away at my mountain of student loan debt. Whoo. 

In knitting, today all I've done is work on my mystery washcloth. I crocheted a couple of my squares for my blanket. I'm a few days behind on that right now after the Boyfriend got sick and then I got sick, I just fell behind. Nothing too terribly bad, just a few days of doing two squares instead of one. 

I've gotten a revamped pattern for the pattern I was test knitting so I'll continue working on that soon. And of course my Hush Hush that I'm also working on. I got a lot of progress done on it this past weekend and it's coming along nicely. Hopefully I'll get it done when I need to. I might be volunteering for a speakeasy themed party and need to dress appropriately. But I haven't heard confirmation yet so we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment