Thursday, April 10, 2014

Volunteering (Day 279 KEDfaY)


I'm cruising right along on my test knit and as of right now the only thing I can say about it is that my cat really likes laying on it. I don't think that gives away what I'm knitting.

In other knitting news, I've swatched for a new project that I want to do as soon as I finish this test knit and that baby blanket which really should've gone in the mail today. I think the mother-to-be will understand though why her blanket might be late.

I've also been in contact with a local historical preservation group and have signed up to volunteer with them. The first two gigs are basic take tickets at events or count heads but once that's done, I'm going to be working on a big research project for them. I described it to the Boyfriend, who is alive and well and no longer flu-ish, and he said it sounded boring but I think it's going to be very exciting because I really like research projects. And maybe, just maybe, it will turn into a paying job at some point. Or maybe I'll meet someone who likes my research skills and will hire me. Networking! WHOO!

Right now though, I gotta tackle this test knit. I wish I could show pictures because it is ridiculous in all of the fantastic ways fun knitting projects are.

No comments:

Post a Comment