Sunday, January 12, 2014

Job search (Day 191 KEDfaY)

The problem with big projects that aren't necessarily big but just complex is that your progress is small. I've worked a lot on my newest fair isle vest project and yet it's still about 4" long. I could show you a progress picture but it wouldn't be that exciting. It looks a lot like what I had last time I showed the vest.

I also wish I had more excitement to talk about.

I heard back from a job. I won't say much about the job itself although I do really hope I get it because I think it could be a lot of fun and really rewarding.

I think my day was made though when I opened my email and saw that I had gotten the response about a job. If I had a dollar for every job I have applied to, I wouldn't have to worry about getting a job. If I had a dollar for every job I have heard back from, I'd have a dollar. My mom and I were talking one day, both of us in the midst of heavy job searches, and she said that it would be nice just to hear back to remind yourself that you are a person and that you do exist. And it's true. Even just a "Sorry, you're not the right candidate" would be better than just being ignored. Being ignored continually really affects your self esteem.

That was a real downer. Sorry.

In other news, the cats are still not getting along. They are sitting closer together now and the growling is at a minimum. Maybe, one day, they will be friends like some Disney movie or some shit. *dreams*

No comments:

Post a Comment