Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Progress! (Day 187 KEDfaY)


Today I started the colorwork part of my vest. The tricky part. The part that I messed up at least 6 times on the first row alone. The part that is going to take me forever if the three rows over three hours I did tells me anything. I'm glad I started it now.

I also plied the yarn I was spinning. The picture above doesn't do it justice but I figured my dear readers deserved a picture of some sort and the cat one cat is only glaring at me right now and the other won't hold still long enough to take a picture. 

Today I also tried to find my favorite fingerless mitts. They're lightweight enough and loose enough that I can still use my hands but warm enough to be useful. I'm being stubborn and refusing to turn the heat on even if it is pretty cold outside because I live in Florida, dammit and we don't need no stinkin' heat, especially since our apartment hasn't gotten below 63* yet. But it is still chilly enough that while I'm sitting at the computer or typing or knitting, my hands tend to get chilly. None of the other mitts I've made fit like these. They fit like a glove, if you will. But I can't find them. I can't find them anywhere. I've looked in drawers, I've looked in bags, I've looked in boxes, closets and pockets and I can't find them anywhere. I know I'll find them eventually but probably not until July, because that's how these things work. I just wish I knew where they were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment