Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Out and About (Day 41 KEDfaY)


I got out of the apartment today. I got to talk to people who don't share a living space with me. I got to drink coffee that I didn't make. Today was a good day.

I took a trip to the local knit group with a wonderful person who was generous enough to give me a ride. I don't mind not having a car most of the time except those times when I want to get out of the house and am limited to how far my legs can carry me. A wonderful lady was nice enough to give me a ride to and from the knitting circle where I got to meet many more wonderful knitters! It's awesome to meet new people and it's even better when they share an interest with you such as knitting or crafting. It was nice to talk about yarn and projects and HPKCHC and possible fair entries with people who have similar goals and mindsets. 

Today my knitting was a bit scattered. I knit some on my sock which I need to finish but ugh, I just don't want to. I made another square for a blanket that I haven't decided what to do with yet. I started another hat for a Christmas present for someone. I couldn't really decide what to take to the knitting group so I took the hat and the sock. I did the blanket square earlier today while watching my daily dose of Will and Grace. 

Yesterday was a bad day. I was in a bad mood in general and then someone who was trying to be helpful was just reminding me that I didn't have a job and I couldn't find one which put me in a SUPER shitty mood. Today though was much better. Sometimes it takes just getting out of the house for a few hours to get you out of a bad funk. And today definitely helped. 

I got to meet a great bunch of gals and I am really excited to actually find a knitting group that seems to be just as wacky and crazy and out there as I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment