Monday, September 2, 2013

So long, farewell... (Day 60 KEDfaY)


My family left bright and early this morning. The trip seemed quick and whirlwind-esque but I'm glad they came down and visited me. Aside from going to the beach-each, we didn't do much more than we normally do. We sat around and talked and played board games. I made a cake yesterday and we all ate my birthday cake. It was the best birthday present I could ask for (although my present from the Boyfriend is a VERY close second. More when I actually get it).

I just finished the washcloth today. It's nothing too exciting. It's my second project ever turned in for HPKCHC and I'm quite excited. I have various other things I need to either start or work on soon or plan a bit better than, "Ehh...I think that might work....?" The problem with knitting only from stash is running out mid project when you thought you had enough or you wildly underestimated how much yarn you had or how much yarn the project would take. Takes the fun right out of knitting when you have to start all over because you don't have yarn. I'm willing to go back and fix something and rip out hours of work because of that but having 3/4 of a hat that you can't finish because you don't have yarn to finish it is frustrating. 

I've been working on this blog post for about two hours now. You might be wondering why. So am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment