Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to (Day 65 KEDfaY)


There's my very first handspun! Ain't it purty? My dinky camera phone made it look all grey and black but it's really a dusky purple and black and very pretty. I got somewhere around 140 yards although I want to measure it again once it's dry. My swift has a tendency to bow funny when you get a few rotations of yarn on it so since this is probably going to be a gift, I'm going to remeasure it using the ever technical dining room chair method. 


I also knit today. I started yet another washcloth and a blanket square for a charity blanket that I'm eventually going to donate. Not a whole lot going on there. I'm waiting to get my BROOM approved and then I get to wait until the 28th to start my sweater but I am excited about it still. 

But for the meantime, I am going to resist spinning all of the fiber I have. I really quite enjoy spinning. It is nice. Really nice. I enjoy it and I'm not even that good at it. 

And I might even have a commission coming my way! It's for a hat but a commission is a commission! Now to just get more of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment