Sunday, July 14, 2013

At least I learn... (Day 10 KEDfaY)


After about 3 or 4 hours of ripping and picking up stitches and fighting with my lace and at one point I ended up just ripping out one repeat back about 8 rows so I could fix my mistake. You know what it was? I simply forgot a decrease. One little decrease messed up my lace so much that I couldn't save the pattern at that point. Again, I don't pay attention. 

But I've learned my lesson! Instead of just hoping I don't make a mistake like that again, I actually used a lifeline! That's what the light pink line through my knitting is. I'm pretty excited that I used my brains in my head to attempt to fix any future mistakes I might have. I don't use forethought very often. I probably should try that more...Hmm...Or not.

I'm currently working on the second to last chart of the Aeolian shawl  and dammit, I'm pretty excited. It's actually making me want to do more lace shawls. I actually looked at cones of laceweight yesterday to see if I could get a deal and then realized that even if $42 for a pound of laceweight is a deal, I don't have the money to pay for it so then I stopped looking before I depressed myself further. 

I was worried about posting my progress/proof every day. I'm not planning on a trip any time soon but there will be some in the future where I just don't have time to sit at my computer or won't be able to sit at my computer. But, there is an app for that! I found an app and yesterday's post was published on that. I'm pretty excited because now I can blog from ANYWHERE MUAHAHAHAHA! Not that I really go anywhere or do anything but just in case! 

Okay, back to counting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment