Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Same old, same old (Day 19 KEDfaY)


These days, the small things seem to entertain me more than usual. 

I now regularly play How Late in the Day Can Leigh Go Before Putting on Deodorant? It's usually about 5-5:30pm before I decide that the sticky armpits are getting a bit too sticky. 

I also am trying to train the cat to like me. Well, not so much like me but be less of a heinous bitch. She has taken up the habit of swiping at me, claws out, every time I walk by. It wouldn't be that bad but she purposefully sits in doorways or hallways so I have to walk by her. I've done everything the internet has said to try to get her to like me and so far nothing has worked. The latest thing I'm trying is pushing on her neck when she does something bad. Not too hard but enough to get her attention. Somewhere on the internet someone said that this is how mothers discipline their young. I've only had to do it once so far so I'm hoping it's working. I even got to pet her last night without her trying to eat me which is a bonus. 

So far though, the most exciting thing that's happened to me today is getting an email about a job I applied for. They kindly emailed me to tell me that not only did I not get the job but that they were getting rid of that position and department altogether. So I guess it's a good thing I didn't get the job.

I knit a bit today. About another 8" of this border. It's taking longer than I'd like but I don't know what I expected. 

That's all I've got for today. Maybe something exciting will happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment