Monday, July 15, 2013

Multitasking! (Day 11 KEDfaY)


I still don't have a job.

I knew that this was going to be a problem and the Boyfriend and I have talked about it so the situation is not a surprise to anyone.

I decided before we moved, since I would be jobless for presumably a long period of time, I decided I was going to workout every day. And why not? I don't have anything else to do. There are only two of us living here and a cat and while we do go through a surprising number of dishes, we have a dishwasher. We are also the very first people to live in this apartment so there isn't even residual dirt from previous tenants or lazy landlords. To clean the apartment, top to bottom, would take me about 3 hours and that's if I swept and mopped. Twice. 

So I have a lot of free time. I fill it with knitting, mostly, right now. And some writing. I have a few pieces that I would like to polish and start sending out to actual publications in hopes to make a few bucks. 

But I told myself I'd workout everyday. There is a gym in our complex and I've seen less than ten different people in there ever so I don't even have to worry about it being crowded or full of people looking at the jogger's wedgie I got going on.

I almost didn't workout today. I didn't work out all weekend but I decided it was the weekend and I would much rather sleep in than go and workout. I mean, who wouldn't. Today I was going to get up with the Boyfriend when he went to work, workout then start my day of knitting and watching syndicated sitcoms. Instead I laid in bed and read for two hours and fell back asleep before waking up and watching syndicated sitcoms and eating Doritos for lunch. 

It was when I was eating the cheesy residue off of my fingers that I decided I should probably workout today. And maybe eat some fruit. 

I used to knit and walk all of the time. I haven't had a car for a few years and this makes it very difficult to find a job especially in cities that have terrible public transportation. A few summers ago, I was jobless and bored and living by myself. Most of my friends seemed to be too busy all summer and so I was left to my own devices most of the time, which, don't get me wrong, is awesome, but can get very lonely when you don't see anyone or speak to anyone besides your dog for days on end. So I would take walks. I was walking about 3.5 miles every day and getting almost a whole washcloth done. (I think I've told this story before but it ties in to my day today.) 

I decided I was going to knit while I was working out today. I don't really need washcloths right now but I needed something simple to knit. So I started a hat. I figured I could get a jump start on Christmas presents. If I do one hat a month until Christmas, I'll have enough for everyone I'm planning on making a hat for and since I know I can whip up a hat in about two hours, I think this is a completely reasonable goal for me.  

The Boyfriend is constantly grumbling about me watching TV and staring at my phone. He complains that I'm not even watching TV so he should get to choose. I then tell him I'm multitasking and that I am too watching TV but I just so happen to be reading Wikipedia too. It's not my fault he can't do both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment