Monday, July 22, 2013

Organizing the Unorganizable (Day 18 KEDfaY)


For those of you who might not know, I recently moved from Indiana to Florida with my boyfriend. He was offered a fantastic job and so we packed up house and moved cross country. All of my stuff, while haphazardly packed, was at least somewhat organized. All of my yarn stuff was in its own tubs. Stuff from my desk got its own box. Stuff from my bedside table got its own box, etc. My boyfriend on the other hand was not so organized. His idea of organization is throwing things into a box or bag and dealing with it later when later means never. As you can imagine, this has been incredibly frustrating to unpack and live with especially since he has gone searching for things and left bags and boxes half unpacked in random rooms. 

So I put my foot down. 

Well not really, I told him that if he got the storage things, I'd organize it all for him. I don't have much else going on right now so I figured I might as well try to clean up the place. 

In one tub today I found his retainer for TMJ, super glue, half an iPod, a bike pump, lighters and various tubes of pencil lead. This is what I have to deal with.

The super fun part is that a lot of this stuff is electronics and not just like keyboards (of which we have 6 that aren't in use) or mouses or cords but things like pcb boards and resistors and transistors and random bits of wire that have solder on them. I don't know what easily half of this stuff is. So I'm just taking things that look similar and putting them in a little cubby drawer and hoping for the best. 

I've also been knitting. I got the first corner turned today on my blanket I'm working on. It's going well although there was a 5 minute time period when I had a minor freak out because I couldn't figure out which way the short rows needed to go to make a corner. As you can see from the picture, I figured it out. Three more corners to go! I might run out of this yarn but I figure, it's a scrap blanket, I'll just use something else. It isn't that big of a deal. 

I also knit some on my sock but not a whole lot. Not even a whole repeat. I like this pattern I'm just kinda sick of knitting it right now. I might just write up the pattern with the corrections I want to make and then finish the sock later. *Shrug* I'll figure something out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment