Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bi-craftual (Day 6 KEDfaY)


I, like many of my fellow crafters, have dabbled a bit into the world of crochet. I am by no means an expert and it isn't something I make a habit of but every once in a while, I feel the need to crochet. 

So I did. Don't worry! I knit today as well. I worked a few rows on the sock prototype but today I just felt like crocheting. I finished a blanket that I've been working on for a while. It is a scrap blanket, made up of leftovers given to me mostly and some that I had left over from my own projects. I'm planning on giving it to charity because, while I do love blankets, I like mine to be big enough to cover more than my lap, especially since I now live in Florida where it doesn't get below 75* ever. (Don't try to argue me on this. I am now an expert on all things Florida. I have been to the beach and live in a swamp [sorta]. Seriously, there was a wild boar big enough to eat me killed less than two miles from where we live and there is a hurricane that is coming [nowhere] near us later this week. I think I can call myself an expert now.) The lap/baby blanket is going to be donated to a local cancer center because I figure they will find someone who can use it. I think I'm going to do an edging on it because, like I said, I'm no expert and my edges look atrocious. 

The hexagon blanket that's also pictured up there had some work done on it the other day. I'm about 7 hexes away from finishing it! Whoo hoo! 


So here's my proof! 6 days in a row of knitting and I didn't even fake it! I did like 10 whole rows of this sock! Whoo! (I had coffee late today so excuse the extra excitement.) I'd like to finish this sock this week and start writing up the pattern and possibly start the third sock in a third yarn to see how it works with variegated yarn. I think some of the patterns will work but the cables might get lost. We shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment